Worth Heights Elementary School opened in 1954. Eight classrooms were added as a part of the 1956 Building Program. The building has undergone other additions as well, including the 1999 Bond Program, which added an enlarged administrative area, 10 classrooms, computer lab, and an enlarged teacher workroom.
In 2007, volunteers from the Worth Heights community gathered for a "Community Build Day" and built a new playground. The Worth Heights PTA spent five years raising funds for the playground, and volunteers completed 100 percent of the assembly.
The school has won numerous academic awards. It is a bilingual school with Dual Language Programs in Pre-Kindergarten through 4th Grade. It is also a Ready Start school.