Website Connects Teachers with Donors
JPMorgan Chase wants to help support Fort Worth ISD teachers in the classroom. The bank is encouraging teachers to submit requests for supplies and resources through the online charity DonorsChoose.org.
In addition, Tarrant County Chase CEO Todd Ritterbusch is appealing to members of the community. From now until April 1, Chase and other partners will match each individual gift up to $50, for a total commitment of $250,000.
DonorsChoose.org makes classroom ideas a reality by allowing teachers to post funding requests for certain projects. That could be books, technology, supplies, etc. Interested donors can then choose which projects they would like to support.
Many teachers spend an average of $40 per month from their own salaries to create more dynamic learning environments for their students. The Tools for Classrooms campaign is part of Chase’s ongoing commitment to increase children's access to high-quality educational opportunities, which offer the knowledge and skills they need to become productive, engaged citizens.
To submit a project request:
- You must be a full-time educator who spends at least 75% of your day working directly with students. Teachers, librarians, guidance counselors and school nurses qualify. Principals, administrators and PTA members do not.
- Visit www.DonorsChoose.org to create an account.
- Visit www.DonorsChoose.org/chase.
- Click View Classroom Projects.
- On the top left under Location, change search preferences to identify requests from teachers in the Fort Worth ISD.