Enrollment in 1918 - 662 Students
The original structure was built between 1917-1918 by two construction companies: The Bryce Building Co. and the Wyatt C. Hendrick Construction Co. Tech was one of the first school buildings in the state of Texas to have four floors. The rear of the building, which included the auditorium and gym, was designed by W.G. Clarkson and Co. and built by Harry B. Friedman Construction Co. in 1926-1927. In 1967, the high school added a new wing on the east side of the building, now called the English wing.
Enrollment in 1925 - 1,388 Students
Trimble Tech was built to resemble the original Fort Worth High School that was destroyed by fire in 1910. Many changes followed after the first building of Trimble Tech. In 1926, when it was known as Central High School, a unit was added onto the building because of the growing number of students wanting to attend a vocational school. A few years later, the school was renamed to Paschal High School, after a long-time principal, R.L. Paschal.
As Fort Worth became larger, so did Trimble Tech, and in 1955, the building was renamed again to Technical High School. In 1964, while it was still known as Technical High School, Tech became the first all-white school in Ft. Worth to admit black students. Finally in 1967 the school was renamed once again, but this time to Green B. Trimble Technical High School in honor of its long-time principal Mr. Green B. Trimble. Since the school's name change to Tech in 1955 to the present, there have only been five principals.
Enrollment in 1967 - 1,600 Students
In 1972 the property behind the school was bought. What was once Humbolt Street became the field house, football field and tennis courts. In 1980 a new gym in the rear of the building was also added.
Enrollment in 2001 - 1,475 Students
Today Tech is still changing. Almost 80 years after its doors opened, Tech is still thriving. In 1998 a bond referendum was passed by the citizens of Fort Worth. Money allocated to Trimble Tech was used to add a new technology wing and cafeteria, the library was moved and renovated, a new band hall was built and the old library and band hall rooms were converted into additional classrooms. New athletic fields and facilities were also included along with a new field house.
Enrollment in 2006 - 1,774 Students
Enrollment for 2009-10 School Year - 1,827 Students
A new enrollment procedure was implemented for the 2009-2010 school year. With the approval of the School Board, student applications were reviewed by an Application Committee composed of Fort Worth ISD Administrators and Trimble Tech Administrators and Teachers.
No matter how much Tech changes, it will always be the home of the Bulldogs! Tech thrived then; Tech thrives now; Tech will thrive in the future! Trimble Tech High School is located at 1003 W. Cannon, approximately two miles south of downtown Fort Worth, adjacent to Harris Hospital.