South Hills Elementary School
, 3009 Bilglade Road. South Hills Elementary School opened in 1954 with 14 classrooms, an art room, a kindergarten room, and a library. The International-influence building was designed by Boese & Harkrider and erected by Paschall-Sanders. The mostly 2-story building is sheathed with orange brick, has a flat roof with a slight overhang, and large expanses of metal hopper windows (some have been partially in filled). A rapidly growing population called for doubling of the school’s size with the addition of another 14 classrooms under the 1956 Building Program. Under Phase 3 of the 1999 Bond Program, the school received interior renovations and the addition of a new library. With reassessment of its integrity, the building will be potentially eligible for the National Register for its association with public education in Fort Worth.