Morningside International Academy
The Morningside International Academy provides a leadership-based, academically rigorous middle school program that equips students to meet the global challenges of the 21st century. Program strands include commerce, communication and culture where students can develop skills in problem-solving, creative thinking and scholarly questioning—with a global focus.
Through our college preparatory program, academically motivated students can excel in Pre-AP classes and fine arts as well as earn high school credit in algebra, English and foreign languages. Morningside International Academy also houses a special thematic center where students engage in enrichment projects or Socratic seminars and prepare to participate as a delegate to the Model United Nations Conference held at Brookhaven College.
- Model United Nations program and conference to prepare students for leadership and active participation in a global community
- Use of Renzulli, a web-based program that allows students to access their work at home and parents to review assignments
- Cultural traditions and exposure through Spanish and French language classes
- Partnership with the Maranatha Mission School in Arusha, Tanzania and participation in Fort Worth Sister Cities International
- Electives/symposiums include in-depth research, technical and work-based communication, cultural appreciation and the power of economics through Junior Achievement
- Local and out-of-state field studies provide worldview learning and enrichment