M.H. Moore was built in 1956. Our school is named after Milton Harvey Moore. Moore's family lived in Grapevine, TX and he was born in 1871. "He worked in the North Side School District and taught school before heading Fort Worth schools as Superintendent from 1915 to 1931." Moore died in 1938, but his son went on to lead the Fort Worth School District from 1946 to 1963.
**Excerpts and information taken from Fort Worth Star Telegram (1/4/97).