Daggett Middle School was designed by Joseph R. Pelich. He was influenced by the International Style. The school was constructed by B.B. Adams. When the school opened in 1955, it had 24 classrooms.
It was expanded in 1990, and in 2003, the building received a new cafeteria, kitchen, and library. The school is located within the Fairmount-Southside Historic District.
The students and staff at Daggett Middle School have a simple motto and goal: Student Success: No Excuses - No Exceptions.