Carter Park Elementary School
1204 E. Broadus.
1957-58, 1978, c.2009
Carter Park Elementary School opened on February 11, 1958 with 20 permanent classrooms, one art room, a kindergarten room, and a library. The school could accommodate an enrollment of 700 students. The school replaced frame buildings on the site. The land for the school had been given to the district by Amon G Carter and his children Amon G. Carter, Jr., and Mrs. J. Lee Johnson (Mrs. Ruth Carter Stevenson).
Robert P. Woltz, Jr. was the architect and Cain and Cain was the general contractor. The 1- and 2-story structure is constructed of orange and polychrome yellow brick with cast piers used between blocks of windows. Most window openings have been partially infilled with panels. Renovations completed in 2001 included a new library, an expanded cafeteria and kitchen, 12 classrooms, and new office.
Upon the attainment of 50 years of age and with further assessment of its integrity, the building will be potentially eligible for the National Register for its association with public education in Fort Worth and its architectural significance.