Benbrook Elementary, a taste of our history!
Benbrook School building moved to its present location on Mercedes Street in 1953 as the 1st -12th grade school for Benbrook Common School Distict No. 58. After 1954, students above the sixth grade attended Fort Worth Schools. In 1962, the Benbrook district became part of the Fort Worth Independent School District. Fort Worth ISD has added on to the building at least two times since the completion of the building at 800 Mercedes in 1954 . The school continues to house students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.